Job Opportunity: Sustainable Fuels Project Development Engineer
Sustainable Fuels Project Development Engineer - Full Time - Leiden, Netherlands
About the job
Established in February 2022, Dimeta is a joint venture between SHV Energy and UGI International, set up to advance the production and use of renewable and recycled carbon Dimethyl Ether (DME), a low-carbon sustainable liquid gas, to accelerate the LPG Industry’s transition to Net Zero. Dimeta is in the advanced stages of developing a 50kt/year waste-to-DME plant in the UK in collaboration with KEW Technology, and has additional partnerships with other world-leading technology and project developers with plants currently in pre-feasibility / feasibility stage.
The Project Development Engineer is responsible for technical project management, of ongoing and future DME plants in development by Dimeta. You will play a key role in supporting the development of sustainable DME production plants through the stages of project development to financial close and into operations. You will be the focal point for expert engineering advice related to project development and plant investment decisions, including technology due diligence, from both shareholders and external investors; and will support Dimeta management to review technical and EPC contracts and process deliverables.
You will also support Dimeta’s ongoing participation in R&D projects, as well as bringing forward opportunities for new R&D projects and support with writing project proposals.
The Project Development Engineer in Sustainable Fuels is an exciting opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of new production capacity for sustainable fuels, supporting the off-grid energy sector to transition to Net-Zero.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide support in the project development process, particularly in terms of technical project management, for ongoing and future renewable DME plants in development by Dimeta.
- Focal point for expert engineering advice related to project development and plant investment decisions, including technology due diligence, from both shareholders and external investors.
- Support Dimeta management to review technical and EPC contracts and process deliverables
- Provide process engineering support for the techno-economic evaluation, design and development of rDME production plants
- Be the key Dimeta liaison lead with external technology developers and EPC partners, providing technical input/evaluation into concept designs, FEED and basic and detailed design activities.
- External scouting activities & competitive landscape assessment to define and monitor relevant technical innovation activity
- Build, develop and exploit a network of relevant external stakeholders to maintain knowledge of the relevant technology and regulatory landscape.
- Provide technical input to research and development projects, including existing projects that Dimeta is a partner in. Put forward proposals for new research projects and collaboration agreements
- Prepare and develop technology roadmaps for DME production pathways as defined in Dimeta R&D strategy
- Provide input to external or government consultations on technical matters related to production processes or the engineering aspects of project development.
- Contribute to Dimeta advocacy and communications, including internal and external communications and thought leadership.
As such we would like you to have the following key skills and requirements:
- Relevant Master’s degree or higher in engineering
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience within engineering project development, particularly oil & gas or chemical sector
- A strong interest in working in sustainable energy / fuels.
- Strong English language reading, writing and spoken communication
- Highly organized and able to balance competing demands in a fast-paced business environment.
- Able to work independently in a dynamic team
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities so that you can identify and evaluate an appropriate course of action to resolve problems that are unique, diverse and time sensitive
- Previous experience with EPCs, project development and / or technology companies
- Office based in Leiden (NL), flexible
- Willingness to travel (up to 30%)
What we offer:
- A competitive salary with a good bonus structure.
- An opportunity to join a growing team in a start-up environment, developing innovative low-carbon fuel solutions
- An opportunity to work with a passionate, international team, making a significant impact in scaling up sustainable energy solutions.
- An office located right next to the Leiden station with great facilities and an open work plan.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Deadline for applications is Friday 19th May 2023. Applications will not be reviewed until after this date.
Please apply here: https://shvenergy.recruitee.com/o/project-development-engineer
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in the EU.
Dimeta adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly or via our preferred suppliers. We appreciate you trying but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications from the candidates.