Job Opportunity: Project Manager – Sustainable Fuels
Project Manager: Sustainable Fuels - Full Time - Leiden, Netherlands
About the job
Established in February 2022, Dimeta is a joint venture between SHV Energy and UGI International, set up to advance the production and use of renewable and recycled carbon Dimethyl Ether (DME), a low-carbon sustainable liquid gas, to accelerate the LPG Industry’s transition to Net Zero. Dimeta is in the advanced stages of developing a 50kt/year waste-to-DME plant in the UK in collaboration with KEW Technology, and has additional partnerships with other world-leading technology and project developers with plants currently in pre-feasibility / feasibility stage.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing commercial, regulatory and sustainability workstreams to support the development of commercial-scale low-carbon DME production plants through the stages of project development to financial close and into operations. You will monitor and assess relevant policy and regulatory developments and contribute to Dimeta’s response on government consultations on these topics. You will also support in securing project financing. Reporting to the Investment and Technology Manager, you will work in Dimeta’s dynamic and growing Business Development Team to scale-up and realise our commercial project development pipeline. You will work closely with a range of stakeholders including Dimeta’s technology partners, consultants, site landlords, and government permitting authorities.
You will also support Dimeta’s ongoing participation in R&D projects, as well as bringing forward opportunities for new R&D projects and support with writing project proposals.
The Project Manager in Sustainable Fuels is an exciting opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of new production capacity for sustainable fuels, supporting the off-grid energy sector to transition to Net-Zero.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead commercial / regulatory tasks where Dimeta is overseeing 3rd party contractors (for example permit requirements and application, LCA assessment, site service connections, utility grid connection applications).
- Facilitate and ensure progress on DME offtake contract and logistics plan
- Review engineering and commercial deliverables provided by partners and provide recommendations.
- Research and lead applications for incentives and grants.
- Provide input as subject matter expert on plant and product sustainability requirements
- Project manager for Dimeta’s activities within R&D consortia. Tasks will include managing Dimeta’s project budget, attending consortium meetings, putting together market studies, managing 3rd party contractors carrying out sustainability studies, reviewing and analysing sustainability policy, and coordinating input to the project from Dimeta’s technical team.
- Working closely with the Advocacy and Communications team, review policy relevant to DME production and market ; analyse for relevance to ongoing and future DME project development ; and input to consultation responses and policy engagement led by the team.
As such we would like you to have the following key skills and requirements:
- A relevant Master’s degree in science, technology, engineering, economics, finance or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within the renewable energy and / or sustainable chemistry in roles linked to project development
- A strong interest in working in sustainable energy / fuels.
- Strong English language reading, writing and spoken communication
- Highly organized and able to balance competing demands in a fast-paced business environment.
- Able to work independently in a dynamic team
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities so that you can identify and evaluate an appropriate course of action to resolve problems that are unique, diverse and time sensitive
- Previous experience with EPCs, project developers and / or technology companies will be considered a plus
- Competent user of Microsoft programs e.g. excel and Teams
- Office based in Leiden (NL), flexible
- Willingness to travel (up to 30%)
What we offer:
- A competitive salary with a good bonus structure.
- An opportunity to join a growing team in a start-up environment, developing innovative low-carbon fuel solutions
- An opportunity to work with a passionate, international team, making a significant impact in scaling up sustainable energy solutions.
- An office located right next to the Leiden station with great facilities and an open work plan.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Deadline for applications is Friday 19th May 2023. Applications will not be reviewed until after this date.
Please apply here: https://shvenergy.recruitee.com/o/project-manager-sustainable-fuels
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in the EU.
Dimeta adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly or via our preferred suppliers. We appreciate you trying but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications from the candidates.