Job Opportunity: Communications Officer
Communications Officer - Full Time - Leiden, Netherlands
About the job
Established in February 2022, Dimeta is a joint venture between SHV Energy and UGI International to advance the production and use of renewable and recycled carbon Dimethyl Ether (DME), a low-carbon sustainable liquid gas, to accelerate the LPG Industry’s transition to Net Zero.
The Communications Officer is responsible for developing and delivering effective external communications and events that enable Dimeta to meet its goals, raise the profile of our work and drive increased targeted engagement among key audiences.
Reporting to the Head of Advocacy & Communications, you will work within the team to develop engaging content, high impact campaigns and the delivery of events, ensuring content is compelling, creative and relevant.
You will manage the website, social media channels and development of marketing assets, such as brochures or infographics. In addition, you will draft press releases, blogs and other written content for internal and external purposes.
The Communications Officer will lead on event organization on behalf of Dimeta, this includes managing the events calendar, event administration, stand design and collateral development. This part of the role requires flexibility to travel and attend events across the globe.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Draft press releases, blogs and articles for external use in key markets
• Manage and monitor social media content and channels
• Manage the design, production & updating of marketing collateral, including the website
• Support the Head of Advocacy & Communications on additional communications activity, such as thought leadership or policy paper development
• Leverage data insight to maximise engagement with content and campaigns
• Lead on event and conference organization, including administration, collateral & content
• Support the Head of Advocacy & Communications in engagement with external agencies enrolled to deliver PR across a number of key markets / geographies
As such we would like you to:
• English speaking
• An education in the area of Marketing or Communication
• At least 3-5 years experience in marketing and communications
• Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
• A strong understanding and experience of digital marketing & communication methods, including social media, google analytics, SEO, website management etc.
• Strong narrative skills - you love creating content that is clear and concise, translating often technical information into appealing content
• Excellent skills in project planning, management and monitoring
• Ability to think creatively and innovatively whilst working under pressure
• Strong attention to detail and planning skills, ensuring the highest levels of quality are achieved to time and budget
• Ability to work independently and flexibility within a rapidly changing environment
• You're comfortable with collaboration across teams and to serve as a liaison when needed
• Ability and willingness to travel to attend conferences / events in and outside of Europe
• Experience in event organization and/or organizing corporate representation at conferences
• Professional marketing or communications qualification
• Experience in the energy sector
• Experience of working for a company with markets in various geographies
What we offer:
• A competitive salary with a good bonus structure.
• An opportunity to join a growing team in an exciting start up in the midst of the area of the Energy transition
• Truly get the opportunity to work in a broad range and make an impact on the projects you will be involved in
• An office located right next to the Leiden station with great facilities and an open work plan.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Deadline for applications is the 12th March 2023. Applications will not be reviewed until after this date.
Please apply here: https://shvenergy.recruitee.com/o/communications-officer
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in the EU.
Dimeta adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly or via our preferred suppliers. We appreciate you trying but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications from the candidates.