Head of Appliance Safety and Standardisation – Renewable & Recycled Carbon DME – Full Time – Leiden, the Netherlands
Dimeta has been created by the leaders in the LPG industry, for the LPG Industry, to accelerate the industry’s decarbonization through the production and use of renewable & recycled carbon Dimethyl Ether (DME).
The purpose of the role is to develop and implement actions that secure the safe acceptance of renewable & recycled carbon DME within the LPG industry. This role shall work with third party regulatory bodies, consultants and subject matter experts to deliver renewable & recycled carbon DME both as a safe blend and a substitutive molecule for LPG. The role requires close collaboration with all team members by leading investigations, technical reviews and empirical assessments of the impact of renewable & recycled carbon DME. Furthermore, you will be required to demonstrate renewable & recycled carbon DME’s use as well as provide a framework for the safe development and certification of dedicated renewable & recycled carbon DME and DME/LPG equipment. The focus will be on the applications and equipment designed to be used with blends (Burners, Boilers, stoves, pressure equipment, engines).
The postholder will directly report to the Operations Director of Dimeta and work closely with the necessary Associations.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Creation/ownership and execution of full testing and demonstration strategy.
- Specification, scoping, tendering and management of research and testing programmes.
- Full ownership of trial/demonstrations, from concept to execution/feed-out.
- Delivery of standards to support the adoption of renewable & recycled carbon DME and DME/LPG blends.
- Development of internal literature to support the company’s thought-leadership positioning.
- Stimulation and management of academic interest in the field of renewable & recycled carbon DME applications and use, including mentoring of postgraduate students.
- General advocacy for renewable & recycled carbon DME end-use, stakeholder mapping, presentations, and creation of supporting material.
- Cultivate peer relationships with Dimeta renewable & recycled carbon DME suppliers, participating companies and partnerships on operations to ensure involvement in any continuous improvement ideas.
- Work closely with team members to help in the evaluation of newly scouted technologies.
- Develop arm’s length relationships with both shareholders’ renewable & recycled carbon DME related operations resources, respecting competition laws.
- Support the rest of the team on technical expertise regarding the distribution and usage of renewable & recycled carbon DME and provide content and information to build the advocacy narrative for renewable & recycled carbon DME as an energy product.
- Direct the preparation and consolidation of the function and any related budgets / investments required; the candidate will be responsible for delivering against specific Time, Cost and Quality metrics.
As such, we would like you to:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in mechanical/chemical or other relevant engineering disciplines
- Strong knowledge of sustainable/renewable energy and fuels markets
- A minimum of 5 years experience within industry
- Appreciation of standards development and certification
- The role is ideally based in Leiden, The Netherlands, but other locations in Central and Western Europe can be discussed
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%), including visiting the office in Leiden (The Netherlands) regularly.
- Previous experience in the LPG industry is considered a relevant benefit.
- Hands-on experience in project execution in the field (including HSSE matters).
- Technical author experience.
- Experience in policy/regulation.
What we offer:
- An attractive salary for the position with good primary and secondary benefits.
- Preferably a contract of employment, but other options can be discussed.
- An opportunity to join a growing team in an exciting start-up at the heart of the Energy Transition.
- The opportunity to both work on a broad range of projects and make an impact.
- Flexible working arrangements to work in hybrid from home and the office.
- An office located right next to Leiden station with great facilities and an open work plan.
- In case relocation is needed, a relocation package can be offered.
For more information, please contact Steve Hallett, Operations Director, via email@example.com, or if this sounds like you, apply directly by clicking the apply button.
To be considered for the above opportunity, you must be eligible to live and work in the EU.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Dimeta adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly or via our preferred suppliers. We appreciate you trying, but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications from the candidates.